This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Self-registering won't work!

1 reply to this topic

jgoddard

jgoddard
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 17:54

I have a dll that is self-registering. I have the 'Self Register' box checked in the properties of that file, but it will not self-register. I was using IS 6.31 and it registered fine, but after upgrading to 7, it would no longer register. I made sure that box is checked, but I don't know what else to try. Has anyone else had any problems with this?

JonB

JonB
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 23:40

I have had a couple of problems, though not because of any upgrade.

1.  My "problem" DLL required DLLs that weren't on the search path at build time.  I had to either set the PATH environment variable, or add the dirs to the "App Paths" registry entry for isdev.exe.  I chose the latter so I wasn't screwing up my "global" environment.

2.  My other "problem" DLL is scrrun.dll, from Microsoft.  If I re-register it in its "source" location, then it works fine.  But it appears that something unregisters it from there (perhaps/probably my own installer) and it gets screwed up again.