This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

assign a property value a directory

3 replies to this topic

tntntn

tntntn
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 12:50

I created a record in the direcory table in Power Editor:
 Directory: MY_DIR
 Directory_Parent: TARGETDIR
 DefaultDir: .

and a item in the property manager:
 Name: MY_PROPERTY_NAME
 Value: C:\

then I created a CA:
 Type: 35 (Set a direcoty, always execute)
 Source: MY_PATH
 Target: [MY_PROPERTY_NAME]

When I tested, I gor a run time error:
 Internal error 2730. 0

What's wrong? How can I assign a property value to a direcory record?

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 14:57

Hi,
Why you don't want to use onlt Directory table as:
Directory: MY_DIR
Directory_Parent: TARGETDIR
DefaultDir: c:\

It should be work

tntntn

tntntn
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 07:59

Thx, Irina, but, in fact, the value I assigned to MY_DIR was built by a VBScript CA and stored in the property MY_PROPERTY_NAME.

For example, in my CA, I split a string "c:\dir1,d:\dir2,e:\dir3" and use a segment, say "c:\dir1" (stored in MY_PROPERTY_NAME), as the installation target directory for one of my component.

Joe Fegan

Joe Fegan
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 11:29

I'm not sure why this didn't work. Your type 35 custom action looks OK, except that the Source is MY_PATH and the actual key is MY_DIR but I'm assuming that's just a mistake in the example and your actual code is OK.

What's the full text of the error? Error 2730 is "Bad value in database. Table: '[2]'; Primary key: '[3]'; Column: '[4]'" Maybe if we knew the values it might help.

Have you tried looking at a trace using msiexec -l*v to see the actual property values and the order of execution?