This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditions (Components/Featues)

1 reply to this topic

MarkRose

MarkRose
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 15:50

Hi.

This problem was originally posted to the IS community web site where one chap really tried to help but to no avail.

So...

So I've gone back to basics:

1. Create a new Installscript MSI project
2. Delete default feature.
3. Add new feature and name it help.
4. Add two components to this feature, one called english and the other french.
5. Added a single help file and its cnt file to each component (obviously one french and the other english).
6. Set the english component condition to SystemLanguageID=1033 and the french component condition SystemLanguageID=1036.

Thats it, build and install on a french machine and the english help is installed.

Well after trying and checking one or two more things I still can't get it to work properly. Other things I have checked/tried include: make sure I'm creating a compressed build (cab files), creating separate features with a single component and help file in each and applying conditions to the features instead of the components. Nope nothing works. I can't believe that Dev8 is the problem so it has to me, but what am I doing wrong???

Mark.

:(

gelliott

gelliott
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 22:16

I am having a similar problem...

I am having a problem selecting and deselecting a feature based on a user choice – InstallScript MSI/8.0 setup by the way.

I have a dll that has the same name but two different versions for our licensing scheme.  One is a perpetual version, the other is an annual license version.  I have two different components.  Each contains a different version of the dll and they link to two different source locations (obviously)

I have two different features set up as follows:
Feature A contains the component that holds the perpetual version of the dll.
Feature B contains the component that holds the Annual version of the dll and another component that contains two license control files.

By default, neither feature is selected for install.  When the user enters a CD-Key that indicates an annual license, I am selecting Feature B to be installed and reconfirming Feature A is not to be installed.  I have used FeatureSetData and FeatureSelectItem and both give me the following results:  Feature B appears to install because the two license control files are installed correctly.  The problem is that the perpetual dll from Feature A is installed instead of the annual license version of the dll from Feature B.

I ran a validation and I get an ICE30 warning that states the following.  “The target file MyDll.dll might be installed in “INSTALLDIR” by two different conditionalized components on an LFN system…..”

I have looked at building a condition for each based on INSTALLLEVEL but the help documentation claims the INSTALLLEVEL is ignored if there are Setup Types in the install.  This creates a vicious circle that results in me being dead in the water!

I need a clue in a big way.  Thanks