This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SetupCompleteSuccess Dialog and CleanUp Action

1 reply to this topic

sayseal75

sayseal75
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 22:06

I am trying to avoid using the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog at all.  I noticed a "DoAction" Event with the Argument "CleanUp" and the Condition "ISSCRIPTRUNNING="1"".  So far I have been unable to find any reference to this particular action AND it is not listed in the Standard Actions gui.  Is it related only to Custom InstallScript Actions or is it necessary to run this DoAction after every install?  What does the condition mean-that if the IS Script is still running, the install should perform CleanUp??? HELP! I'm totally confused!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 August 2001 - 08:00

In order to execute InstallScript custom actions the scripting engine has to be started at the beginning of the setup, and shut down at the end. This is what CleanUp does. If there is no InstallScript in your project, I think you don't need it. Also, if there is InstallScript in your project, CleanUp will also be inserted in the UI sequence after ExecuteAction (you don't see this in the IDE, but in Orca). So I guess it would be save not to call it form the dialog.