This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Very simple advice request

1 reply to this topic

jonnyapps

jonnyapps
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:57

Hi.
I want to make a very simple installation exe to distribute to members of my forum.

All it has to do is automatically extract and add a few folders to a folder on the recipient's PC (program files/world of warcraft/interface/addons).
Once that's done I then just want the installation to invoke another installation within it which will then install Teamspeak on the recipient's PC.

So, in my simple mind:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*selection of folders* ---> extracted from installation.exe ---> placed into [drive]/program files/world of warcraft/interface/addons

*teamspeak.exe* ---> extracted to a temp folder ---> invoked to run ---> user just follows its instructions to install it
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have looked at a few shareware programs and they all look like they could do it but I haven't the faintest idea how to start.

Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated.

Once I've got as far as doing the above I'd then like to get some follow up advice on getting the installation to make checks and not invoke the teamspeak installation if it's already installed etc. etc.

EDIT: Just dawned on me through my ignorance this is probably in the wrong section of the forum. Sorry.

Edited by jonnyapps, 19 May 2008 - 02:36.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:30

Most tools have some sort of wizard that walk you through the basic steps of creating a simple installer that copies files to a folder. Some also come with a tutorial in online help.