This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Resolving INSTALLDIR property during

2 replies to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 17:10

My setup has the installation directory [INSTALLDIR], which is set in the directory table with the ProgramFilesFolder as directory parent.
The ProgramFilesFolder is set (by default) with the TARGETDIR as directory parent.
I am doing an administrative installation to an folder c:\network, during which I am setting several propertries.
All the properies are working well except the INSTALLDIR property
When starting an client installation from this image, I am getting not the INSTALLDIR property set during my administrative installation but an
INSTALLDIR property which has also an resolved TARGETDIR inside, means:
During administrative installation I set INSTALLDIR = c:\program files\MyProgram
During the subsequent installation I get as INSTALLDIR c:\network\program files\MyProgram.
I suspect this is because of the settings in the directory table:
TARGETDIR is the directory parent of ProgramFilesFolder, which in turn is the parent of INSTALLDIR.
But I left the default settings of the project, so I do not know how to change this value.

Any help is welcome

Barbara

The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 15:52

I found a solution which is working for me:
If you use the INSTALLDIR directory as a root directory, means the entry for the INSTALLDIR in the directory table contains no parent folder and SourceDir in the DefaultDir column then one is able to specify the INSTALLDIR property
during an administrative installation. The disadvantage is: If you are doing a normal non administrative installation, you have also set
INSTALLDIR with this default root value. So I created a transform to use with the administrative installation which makes the settings in the
directory table for the administrative installation.

Nevertheless I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and whats the standard solution for it

Barbara
The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 10:04

I have a great deal of experience with Admin installs, and never experienced the problems you describe. (I had my share of directory problems, until I understood the DirectoryTable - and how InstallShield populated it).
Did you list either TARGETDIR or INSTALLDIR in the AdminProperties property?