This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to remove CustomerInformation dialog only

2 replies to this topic

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 15:28

Hi, I want to remove "CustomerInformation" dialog only from UI sequence so that still its children, such as, "Setup Type", "Custom Setup" dialogs, etc. are still visible to the user.

When I tried to remove it from "User Interface" -> "Dialogs", all its children were also removed, and I couldn't put them back. So I had to start from scratch, which really wasted my several hours work.

Is there any way that I can selectively remove the unwanted dialog without deleting its children?

Also is it possible to restore the dialog that I had removed earlier?

TIA.
Kyle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 16:37

In Project Assistant view: go to the "Installation Interview" page and select No for the dialogs you don't want.

Or in Installation Designer view - Dialog editor:
Change the behaviour of the Next button of the previous dialog so that
it doesn't point to CustomerInformation but to the next dialog you want to display. You also need to adjust the behaviour of the Back button of the following dialog. There's no need to delete the dialog resource from the project.

klee777

klee777
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 13:26

Hi Stefan, Thank you very much!!!