This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

VBScript custom actions

2 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 November 2001 - 13:50

Hi, does anyone know how to properly write a custom action in VBScript? I need something simple that, for example, displaysa message box with the words "yes" or "no", depending on whether the user chose a feature called "X".

moverton

moverton
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 13:47

Use the CA wizard to create a VB custom Action, and if the script is simple you can shose to write the VB script in the wizard.  You need to make the custom Action Commit Execution (Type 1574) and place it just before InstallFinalize in the Installation Sequence.

To execute upon feature selection, use &MyFeature>2 as the condition.  See Conditional Statement Syntax in MSI help for further details.

Martin

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 14:37

I never knew about the & and ! operators because THEY ARE NOT DOCUMENTED IN INSTALLSHIELD'S HELP LIBRARY - ONLY IN MSI DOCUMENTATION IN MSDN!!! Thanks for the help - I've solved my little problem :-)