This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

import custom dialog from dll

1 reply to this topic

StYerk

StYerk
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:53

Hi,

I have a problem with a custom defined dialog in our Basic MSI project using DevStudio9.

When upgrading, I need to have the user select some subdirectories of the existing installation of our product for some special treatment.
This should be a dynamic list of directory names with checkboxes. Smells like SelectionTree...

So I created a custom dialog externally in VC++, following the HOWTO Q104952.
This was compiled into a new _isuser.dll.

What I did differently to the HOWTO was to import the dialog from the dll via the DevStudio dialog editor view. This did work all right, I now have the dialog in my project. I had to edit some of the properties, but now it seems right.

But when I try to call this dialog via a 'NewDialog' event of another dialog (InstallWelcome, for test purposes) the dialog does not wait for input.
It gets called (I see it flashing in sometimes) but it does not wait for user interaction.
I have set all properties as in other dialogs, (Modal=1 and so on), but still no chance.

Also, there is no entry in the installation log file (created with /L*v) mentioning this dialog.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks fo helping,

Regards,
Jörg

StYerk

StYerk
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 15:17

OK,
bad user error.

The reason was a second NewDialog event with the same condition.

Anyway, this does not do what I want, because in Basic MSI
the SelectionTree Control always relates to the installer's Features, I cannot populate it with the values that I want.

Besides that MSI does not display checkboxes but only those ugly features selection symbols.

If anybody has an idea how to make and use a nice dialog with a dynamic list of checkboxes representing a list of certain subdirectories, give me a hint.

Thanks,

Regards,
Jörg