This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

transform files ? How do I create them?

3 replies to this topic

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 15:00

Hi

I have to install our software using msi files in Group Policies etc and this has to be done in silent mode.

So I believe to be able to customise the installation I need to create transform files with the different settings in each. So does that mean I have to create mulitple instances of my Installshield project with different properties set and then save them and then create a transform file which picks up on the differences between the properties set in each project????

Surely there is an easier way???

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:53

Which InstallShield version are you using? It may include a Response Transform wizard.

Chelley

Chelley
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 14:55

smile.gif Installshield Developer 8.0.

Also how can the MST files be edited other than using Installshield again? We want to give our customers limited range on what they can break.

Thanks

Michelle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 16:48

In that case you could use InstallShield Tuner, which is a tool to create trnasforms that you can distribute as OEM product to your customers.
http://www.installsh...products/tuner/