This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Urgent! Help With Custom External Dialog!

2 replies to this topic

arshadtaylor

arshadtaylor
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:52

Hi All!

I have a very urgent doubt I need clarified. After the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog, I have created an external dialog called LicenseRequest that I want to open only if the following conditions are satisfied:

1) Not during Uninstallation
2) During Fresh Installations
3) During Minor Upgrade, ie, upgrading to the current version

For SetupCompleteSuccess, I currently have as the first two rows in the behaviour tab:

Event Argument Condition
NewDialog LicenseRequest (NOT Installed) OR IS_MINOR_UPGRADE
EndDialog Exit 1

THIS IS NOT WORKING!!

I have also tried the following:

Event Argument Condition
EndDialog Exit Installed
NewDialog LicenseRequest 1

But THIS DID NOT WORK FOR MINOR UPGRADES!!

I have a feeling this may do with the fact that the dialog I have created is an external dialog, hence the complications.

Could someone please please please help me sort this out? I'm in dire straits here.

Thanks in advance to the good soul who does! smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 15:44

Interal or external only makes a difefrence in the dialog layout (external dialogs have a white background).
As a first step, make sure your conditions are mutually exlusive (you want to either exit or display your custom dialog)

I'm not sure about the Instlled property, but it's value may have switched to True at this point even in a first time install. So you may need to set a public property earlier in the setup process (befoire Execute sequence is called) and use that in your condition.

arshadtaylor

arshadtaylor
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:38

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2009-09-27 15:44)
Interal or external only makes a difefrence in the dialog layout (external dialogs have a white background).
As a first step, make sure your conditions are mutually exlusive (you want to either exit or display your custom dialog)

I'm not sure about the Instlled property, but it's value may have switched to True at this point even in a first time install. So you may need to set a public property earlier in the setup process (befoire Execute sequence is called) and use that in your condition.

Hi Stefan,

I think I've got it:

Event Argument Condition
NewDialog LicenseRequest Installed="" OR IS_MINOR_UPGRADE="1"
EndDialog Exit Installed<>"" AND IS_MINOR_UPGRADE

Just have to test it, but I'm feeling pretty confident about it.