This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

accessing installed files before install ends

1 reply to this topic

jasonatx0001

jasonatx0001
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 21:59

I'd like to run a batch file that is part of my install to handle some further activities that for various reasons i'd rather not put into IS. The issue is that the file doesn't seem to be available. I created a custom action to execute the script and put it in the installation execute sequence after the InstallFiles standard action and am getting file not found errors. I tried putting the CA on the finish button of the setupcompletesuccess dialog and this worked, however, this is less desirable because the script may take some time to execute and I'd rather this happen BEFORE the user gets the setup complete dialog.

Any reason why the files are not available after the InstallFiles action ?
Any ideas about executing this script before the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog ?

Thanks in advance.

turbokitty

turbokitty
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 00:08

Make sure you a using a deferred custom action. Only deferred actions can access files included in your installation.

I would also make it synchronous if you are worried about when it completes. When it's synchronous, the MSI will pause until the script is done.

Putting it after "install files" should be fine depending on what you want to do.