This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

putting a CA on foreground in W2K

3 replies to this topic

jungchoi

jungchoi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 21:37

I created a custom action which is a mfc wizard application that configures our installation.
When I run the installation on Windows 2000, this custom action does not come to foreground.
How can I enforce the CA to be on foreground?
thanks,

Claas Hilbrecht

Claas Hilbrecht
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 11:37

We also have an external configuration part while installing. We start our regular control panel applet with a special entry point and that worked fine as long as you use Windows Installer < 2.0. I the Windows Installer 2.0 is installed it will get to foreground every time. We have no solution for 2.0 so for. Is your problem related also the versions < 2.0?

abraxas

abraxas
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 17:16

I have a similar problem with a dialog window not coming to the foreground (the window displays information about background processes to the user).  I've tried everything to get the window to come to the front, but it just won't.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

jungchoi

jungchoi
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2001 - 21:06

I was able to bring a custom action dialog to the foreground on Windows 2000 system.
I just used the IS script described in "Custom Actions" section and added "SetForegroundWindow ( )" to the OnInitDialog function of our custom action program.