This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launch .exe on push of Finish button

6 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 21:22

Im trying to get my .exe to launch when the user clicks the finish button.

whats the easiest way to do this?

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 22:49

so none of the people who have viewed this thread launch their apps when the user presses "finish"?

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 00:05

Stefan Help!!!!!!!!!

ok this is what ive done so far
gone into user interface and SetupCompleteSuccess.

I tried to add a "checkbox" but two things happen.

its immediatly asks for the property of the new control(no idea what to put in here)
and then when i just fill it up it will generate a text box but the transparent field is missing and it wont do anything. Obviously the property is the key here but i dont know what to put in it.

The other way was to do it the same way i did in IS 6.1  by just scripting it at the end of the install script. However it doesnt like the sytax ,

there has to be a fairly easy way to do this, i mean this seams like a standard thing you find in almost all installers, 2 checkboxes on last window, one to launch readme, one to launch program.

help please!!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 14:11

Your check box must be connected to a property, so that it can return the checkbox state. You use this property as a condition for the custom action that would launch the executable when the Finish button is pressed.

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 17:10

I don't launch my application that way, but you may want to use ORCA to add a sequenced control event attached to the Finish button.  You would need to edit the ControlEvent table and add the action to the Finish Control.  Please let me know if you need more information on this method.

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 23:03

Stefan could you be a tad more specific on how to accomplish this?

I want to put a checkbox for- view readme & launch app.