This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

problem dealing with registry

2 replies to this topic

Amit_Garkhedkar

Amit_Garkhedkar
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 13:07

Hi,
I'm installing an application, in which a custom action is there which puts the components in MTS.
On a new machine I get error while executing this custom action.

I'm logged in as the Administrator of the domain and have full control on HKCR registry key.

Now if I run Regedt32 and from the perminssion menu if I set the check box "Replace permission on existing subkeys" for HKCR and then run the setup, it works perfectly without any problem.

Is there any function thorugh which I can do the same thing which the checkbox "Replace permission on existing subkeys" does?

Please let me know if there is any work around or solution for above said problem. I need it badly.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 13:25

you could call a ACL/DACL/ACE changer from your MSI but i am unsure if this would be a good idea.  MODACL.EXE is one such tool that allows mods. to the security info. on the file and registry.

maybe you could dump out the security descriptor for the registry and determine what the differences are on the root hive and any sub-keys...

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 16:15

Hi,
You can try to install a product for all user by setting a ALLUSERS property as 1.
Irina Shirinsky
Software Engineer, Heroix Corporation
http://www.heroix.com