This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature Installation Order

1 reply to this topic

snively

snively
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 00:32

I have a Feature 'A' that consists of three components each containing a .NET assembly file. These three files need to be installed to the Global Assembly Cache before another feature 'B' containing a .NET Installer Class file. Each file is set to the key file with its .NET scan at build component property set to Dependencies and Properties. I also have feature 'A' before 'B' in the setup design. Unfortunately, the file with the installer class is reporting errors finding the assembly file installed to the GAC.

If I strip out these features and put them into separate install packages, feature ‘A’ into A.msi and feature ‘B’ into B.msi, and then run A.msi followed by B.msi, everything works correctly. This leads me to believe there is a timing issue between the assemblies and the installer class file.

Is there a way to ensure that the files are installed to the GAC before the installer class is invoked?

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 15:47

As far as I know ALL files should be copied (in InstallFiles action) before any InstallClass gets called (in InstallFinalize action). Generate a verbose log to see what's really going on. And in general try to avoid installer class custom actions.