This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action Parameter using "" ...

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:05

Hi all,

I had something that appears weird happen while testing a Custom Action widget. I pass in a /r or a /u with either being followed by [INSTALLDIR].

I noticed that I needed "" when I discovered that INSTALLDIR was coming in as C:\Program instead of C:\Program Files\MyFolder. However, after passing the parameter as "[INSTALLDIR]", my widget received and displayed it as C:\Program Files\MyFolder". There was an ending ", but none at the beginning (I would expect none.).

I then passed the parameter as "[INSTALLDIR] with no following " and all appeared to function as expected then in the widget.

Does the leading " signify a path with spaces included?

If any information is needed, the widget is basically a .NET v4 targeted VB.NET app that registers some 64 bit files with Framework64's RegAsm.

I guess my parameter will be passed as "[INSTALLDIR] as that seems to work for now.

Thanks for any help!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 18:57

I don't think that Windows Installer is doing anything special with " signs. But maybe VB.NET does some pre-processing?