This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install message alert to user

4 replies to this topic

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 17:18

I have included in an Install script a section of code that detects whether a user is a machine admin or not. If it returns FALSE, then a pop-up message informs them that they need admin privileges in order to perform the install, and that InstallShield will now exit. Unfortunately, what I'm instead seeing is a File Error window that states the following:

The following error occurred on file, C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation\{48209CE0-6720-11D4-8D91-006097501789}\layo2b3a.rra.

Access denied.

Then one has the option to Abort, Retry, or Ignore. Of course, the latter two just cause the message to appear once again.

This does not occur if an admin performs the install. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks...

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 00:43

When are you doing this check for such privileges? It is ASAP, so in the OnBegin method?
user posted image

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 16:26

I am doing the check right after OnBegin, in the function OnFirstUIBefore.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 00:47

No, you MUST do it in OnBegin. Doing it in OnFirstUIBefore is too late, and doesn't cover the uninstall aspects.
user posted image

Mariscal

Mariscal
  • Full Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 15:22

Ok, great; thanks for the help...