This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System search property value cannot be accessed?

2 replies to this topic

gszucs

gszucs
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 14:37

Hello!

I am having trouble with getting information from an XML file stored on the target computer. I use System Search, to get the value from the file. This is working, I can see it in the log file, the value is stored properly.

Now the System Search is set to store this value in a property, called CONSTRUCTURL.

In my installscript, I would like to use this value, to create a new entry in this config file. 

STRING szEmailConstruct[1024];
NUMBER nvSize, nvGetProp;
nvSize = 1023;
nvGetProp = MsiGetProperty (ISMSI_HANDLE,"CONSTRUCTURL", szEmailConstruct, nvSize);
MsiGetProperty returns 0, but the szEmailConstruct is empty.

I am calling this function right before copying the files to the target system (definitely after system search).

Any ideas how to get this working? I tried everything I can, but no success.

Thanks for your help!

gszucs

gszucs
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 15:17

Some additional information, if I put it after the file transfer, MSIGetProperty will return 6 (ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE). The log file still shows, that the property is correctly changed to the value I need, but i just cannot access it.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 17:37

Is the custom action scheduled as "immediate"? If it's in the InstallExecute sequence: did you check if the property value was reset when the setup switched to the execute sequence, maybe? This could happen if CONSTRUCTURL is not listed in the SecureCustomProperties property.