This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

custom action export

1 reply to this topic

irishmaninusa

irishmaninusa
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 19:27

I am working on an installation that uses installshield2008 msi project and I am running into a problem with the custom action.

From what I understand of CA, is that you create the action and then export into the project you want to use it in, seems weird to do it this way...but that is how I have being reading up on it and how it is suppose to work.

So I have followed the following steps
1. Create the CA
2. Export into the project I want to use it in.
3. And then try to attach the actionn to a pushbutton event, and it does not show up in the list of events.

this is based on the following link
http://helpnet.macro...tionsExport.htm

What am i doing wrong? what I am trying to do is that when the user clicks the pushbutton, it will validate the licence key and then hopefully do some other stuff (which I have not gotten to yet because I can call my CA).

So any help you can give will be appreciated biggrin.gif

The error I am getting is 2812.

Edited by irishmaninusa, 17 November 2007 - 19:28.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:01

You can create the custom action in the project you are workig on - of course.
But you also have the option to export an existing custom action to another project in case you need to re-use it in that other project.

To call a custom action from a push button, add the DoAction event and pass it the name of your custom action.