I wanted to block upgrade of existing product and want to display warning message to User to stop processing further and do fresh install. (There are few other issues, due to which we want to do processing in this way only). I can see Product code(of installed product) in registry. But failed to detect the same through changes in .ism.
Changes made in .ism file
- Changed package code/ product version and rest of the things are unchanged.
- Added CA, which will detect existing product version and will trigger pop up message to stop installation.
- In Upgrade setting, "Detect only" is set to Yes and "Detect property" is ISACTIONPROP1. In CA, somehow ISACTIONPROP1 is not getting filled. In maintenance mode, FindRelatedProducts in not getting called and thus ISACTIOPROP1 not getting filled.
- I'm on 64 bit machine and installing 32 bit application. Reading of registry keys in this scenario, had been taken care.
REGDB_OPTIONS = REGDB_OPTIONS | REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY;
- In Sequence, my CA is always get invoked after FindRelatedProduct.
Few shots from logs