This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Admin Install Questions...

1 reply to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 16:15

Hi all,

I've never had to handle an Administrative Installation before and I think we might be leaning that way for one of our products.

Currently we have an app that is installed locally on client machines. It places files, registers, creates shortcuts, runs CAs, etc. Now, can I take what I have and run an adminstrative install on a network location (/a)?

In other words, can someone briefly describe how an Administrative Install works? I know the files, etc get extracted to a desired folder on a network. How then do clients hit that folder? Does IT have to push a shortcut to their desktops?

When executed, is the file structure then copied to the local machine, registered, etc?

If someone can sum up how this would work, that would be more than cool. Or if there is an Administrative Install for Dummies somewhere, let me know that too. wink.gif

Thanks in advance.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 18:00

As per my AppDeploy response, see here
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.