This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Win9x condition

1 reply to this topic

erniev

erniev
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 00:39

Ok, I'm reposting this with the hope that someone has had the same pain and has solved it.

I have a directory that needs to be put into the path env. variable, and in Win9x that means that the autoexec.bat gets updated instead of the normal way that NT gets updated.  My directory is located within our product's directory structure, and therefore is installed in Program Files.

My problem is that when the installation occurs, the full name of the directory, "c:\program files\myprog\5.1\lib" gets added to the autoexec.bat instead of the shortname, "c:\progra~1\myprog\5.1\lib".  This causes windows to chuck the autoexec.bat on restarting windows with the error "too many parameters".

I've tried setting SHORTFILENAMES to 1 and it manages to use the shortname everywhere there is a long file within my directories, however it will still update the autoexec.bat with the long name.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ernie

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 20:33

Yes that's a problem on 9x. Maybe you can put quotes around the path (for 9x only, I think NT doesn't like the quotes).