This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Display filenames on Progress dialog?

8 replies to this topic

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 23:57

On my Setup Progress dialog, is there a way to display the names of the files as they are being installed?

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2001 - 00:30

I think I just found the answer:

Add an entry to the EventMapping table with an ActionData event linked to a Text control.

ringoSF

ringoSF
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 01:45

Hello Jim,
  could you be little bit more specific? did you use orca to modify the .msi file manually?  if not, how do I add an entry to the EventMapping table.  An example will be very helpful.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2001 - 20:13

I currently use Orca to edit the .msi file. To display the files that are being installed, add entries to tables as follows:

1) Control table - add a Text control called ActionData to your SetupProgress dialog.

2) EventMapping table - add an entry:
     Dialog_       SetupProgress
     Control_      ActionData
     Event            ActionData
     Attribute       Text

3) ActionText table - add an entry:
     Action              InstallFiles
     Description    Installing files
     Template        File: [1]

The variable [1] displays just the filename, you can use [9][1] to display the entire target path and filename.

The Description in the ActionText table can be displayed by linking a Text control to an ActionText event in the EventMapping table.

Hope this helps!

ringoSF

ringoSF
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 September 2001 - 20:25

thanks JIm, i will give it a try.

regard

ringoSF

ringoSF
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 23:20

Jim,
     For each build, i have to use Orca to change the .msi file manually.  Is there a way I can avoid that? thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 13:37

Depending on your development tool you should be able to modify these tables in the IDE, e.g. in Direct Editor in ISD7.

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 15:23

I am using InstallShield Express 3, so I have to modify the .msi file manually after each build. I speed up the process by using the Export Table and Import Table features in Orca to merge most of my changes back into each new .msi file.

ringoSF

ringoSF
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2001 - 18:26

thank you Jim and Stefan for your help!

-regard