This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

multilanguage

10 replies to this topic

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 21:32

Hello,
I have another questin concerning IS 10.5: has it multilanguage support?
Thanks for your reply.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 20:50

The Premier edition has multi language support, the Professional edition supports only one language.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:54

Thanks for the answer,
But what about the unicode support: witch InstallShield edition has Unicode support?
Thanks again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:47

Since Prmier and Professional both can be used to create setups in Chinese and other non-Latin langauges I believe that it does support Unicode (but I'm really not an expert in that field). I'd recommend you test it with the free evaluation version.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:07

Thank you for the answer.
But, also with InstallShield Professional 7 you can make setups in Czech language, but it still doesn't have unicode support ( the strings in Czech are displayed correctly only if the operating system is installed in Czech ).
I will evaluate the free kits
Thanks again.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 15:07

Hello,

I am using InstallShiel Premier 11 Evaluation kit.
I made a Multilanguage installer (using InstallScript wizard) that include Chinese and Czech languages.
I added the UNICODE string files I needed to my setup and the strings look good (normal) when I edit the resources.
But, after built, during the setup, if I select one of this languages, the strings turns into "??????".
What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 16:30

Does your test system have the required fonts installed?

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:51

Hello,

You were right... I don't have this fonts on my system.
But where can I get them from ( fonts like Tahoma8 or MsSansBold8 ) to install them on my system?
Or is there any possibility to add new font to the already existing ones from InstallShield 11?

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:14

You can install fonts using InstallShield, but I'm not sure you can immediately use them within this same installation.
However I would simply assume that a user who selects to run your setup in Chinese (for instance) will have the Chinese fonts installed (e.g. a Chinese version of Windows). Otherweise he would probably also have problems running your application in Chinese, or?

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 13:49

Yes, you might be right, but there are still more question:
1. Why other Chinese applications run well and the characters looks normal?
2. Why the strings looks correct when I am editing the dialog ( so, inside the InstallShield environment )?
3. I have added to my system the "Tahoma, and "MS Sans Serif" fonts and it still doesn't work
When I open the languages files separately ( e.g: 1028(UNICODE) in Word ) with Tahoma or MSSansSerif font the strings look pretty well.
If the strings look good within the IS environment, can it be because of the functions that display them?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:10

I'm sorry, but I don't have answers to any of these questions. I find this behaviour confusing myself.