This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to auto-install .NET Framework 4.5 when missing from target?

3 replies to this topic

esutton

esutton
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 18:05

I am using InstallShield LE (Limited Edition) that came with VS2012,  

Under Redistributables I have tried checking a InstallShield Prerequisite for either Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Full or Web.  I have tried using settings "Download From The Web" or "Extract From Setup.exe".  

I am building a SingleImage setup.exe that includes MSI engine.  I have tried setting InstallShield Prerequisites Location to "Extract from Setup.exe" or "Download from The Web". 

I am replacing a ClickOnce installer. The application is configured for .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.

When I run setup on Vista 32-bit VM the application installs but complains when launched about missing framework.

".NET Framework Initialization Error"

"you must install one of the following version of the ,NET Framework: v4.0.30319"

In case it may be relevant my installer contains a custom action that launches a 32-bit executable that conditionally launches either the 32 or 64 bit version of dpinst.exe to pre-install USB drivers for the OS architecture.  The custom action is called During Installation, After Register Product, using "Deferred Execution in System Context" with Wait=Yes, and IgnoreExitCode=No.

Any tips on what I may be missing are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-Ed

I am developing under Windows 7 64-bit and VS2012.

Edited by esutton, 20 March 2014 - 18:21.

esutton

esutton
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 19:22

Solved. You must make the .NET applications Target Framework match selected Prerequisite Framework.

1. Changed applications Target framework from .NET Framework 4 Client Profile to .NET Framework 4
  2. Changed InstallShield Prerequisite to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Full (Web Download)
  3. Changed InstallShield Prerequisite Build Location to Download From The Web

great111

great111
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 20:04

I don't understand the 3 steps you wrote.

Can you please offer a screenshot or clarify it?

chuckles

chuckles
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 00:39

I believe that we can do step 1 using (2) Specify Application Data -> Redistributables, but LE doesn't have access to (2) Specify Application Data -> Dependencies. So, steps 2 & 3 aren't accessible.