This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable the CANCEL button

2 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 16:47

Hi,
I use an AskPath(), which has NEXT, BACK and CANCEL buttons. Is there any way to disable the CANCEL button ?

If there is no easy way, then, is there an alternative to AskPath() which does not contain the CANCEL button?

Thanks,
Vishwa

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 18:53

Pretty much every, if not all, built-in IS dialogs have a Cancel button on them. Therefore the only way to not have one is to create your own custom dialog -or- modify this existing dialog under a resource editor in order to remove it.

I'm also not aware of any way to programmatically disable this button. Closest thing would be to modify the default behavior of the OnCanceling() event, but that would apply to all the places that one can cancel out of the setup and not just this one dialog. You could try conditionalizing it, but I doubt you'll be successful due to what I consider to be a bug in IS where the values of variables are lost upon Cancel/Abort.

I know this wasn't the nice answer you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Out of curiousity though, what's so bad about having a Cancel button here? Especially since any other dialogs have it as well. unsure.gif

Edited by TacoBell00, 19 May 2003 - 18:54.

user posted image

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 06:11

If you want to have the CANCEL button disabled whenever AskPath will be used inside of your InstallShield project: you can modify the resource (a copy of it!) _isres.dll and store it directly as _IsUser.dll in your project. The procedure of how to to it was already written here in the forum at InstallSite. To get the ID number of the AskPath dialogue: just run Dialog Sampler.

Another way (a rather expensive one) is to buy the tool InstallDialogue from Moonsea Software. Without fiddling with the resource dll itself you use function calls to modifiy the complete behaviour of the dialogues. I've been using it for 2 months now, and am very pleased with it.