This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Support Contract

3 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 14:38

Our corporate thinking about opting the support contract for the InstallShield 10.0. I just looked at your corporate web site to get the information and found that the support is available only for the latest version.

Please let me now how can I get the support contract IS10.0 and also let me know the contract details with contact information.

If there is any support from INDIA please let me know the exact contact information.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 21:48

You would have to contact a sales consultant or a reseller to see if there's an option to order support for old versions. In general I don't think it's possible. That's because there are no isolated support contracts, only maintenance plans which combine support and product updates. And they require that you have the most recent version at the time you order.

PMauger

PMauger
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 14:51

Hi,

We purchased Installshield 11.0 in November (I don't exactly remember when at the moment) . I noticed that you mentioned in a post on the macrovision forum that the product could be returned within 30 days for a new version (your post). Does this apply for the latest release do you think?

(Warning: spleen venting below... continue at your own risk...)

Right now I'm absolutely furious at the gall of macrovision/installshield... I fork over a significant sum of money for a product that now appears to have a significant number of bugs (somehow I didn't stumble across those posts before we bought the product...) that won't be fixed. I had signed up for the free support period while I was trying out the product but had received no response to any of my requests. So when they suggested I pay 50% more for a years support (which seemed to be non-existent) and so I could get a 'free' upgrade in a week (for a product that should have been able to do everything I needed) I told them not to bother. Then I started to get stuck on some of the more technically difficult aspects of the installation.

After nearly throwing my computer through a nearby window (sheer frustration at the non-existant help and sometimes completely illogical aspects of the product) and three weeks after my initial request for support I received a response asking me if I was still having the problem ( huh.gif ?!@?). The person providing my support is based in the UK and I'm in Australia which means that I get 1 response and 1 question every 24 hours. So I've been crawling along gradually getting closer and closer to an installation that our clients will be able to use... and now with only two weeks before I want to release our product the support just stops again (my initial release was to be a month ago but the installation wasn't ready... funny that).

If I treated my clients like Macrovision/Installshield treat theirs I wouldn't have any clients or income... How do they get away with it??????

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 18:17

Yes, I believe that 30 days money back guarantee still exists:
http://www.macrovisi...fessional.shtml

In my experience support is not always as fast as I wish it would be, but I didn't have problems similar to yours. Is it possible that an e-mail from support to you got lost, e.g. in a spam filter or blocked by some blacklist?