This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature independent from install language

4 replies to this topic

Mario Noack

Mario Noack
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 13:34

Hello,

my own programm include at time three languages (german, english and france). The install project include the same languages.

On german install I will automatic install german demoprojects. On english install: english demo projects... I don't need an option to install german and english demo projects at same time.

So i set condition of the feature germandemoproject (Level|condition):
200 | ProductLanguage <> 1031

english demoproject:
200 | ProductLanguage <> 1033

But on installation both entries was selected.

I use standard projects.

Any idea??

Thank you, Mario Noack

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 09:57

Try to set the language flag at the components. If this still does not work try to deselect the components (not the features) by script. This should work.

Mario Noack

Mario Noack
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 10:58

Thank you, now I write a script for the OnFirstUIBefore Event, this work...

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 11:04

I had a lot of problems with the feature / component until I found out, that all changes you want to make depends on the component and not on the feature. I had to change the component target directory and so I must chage it for all the components and not for my feature. Its very complicated and frustating to find out ..
Greetings
Christof

Rayhawk

Rayhawk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 03:09

I was affraid that was the case:  our product has 136 features and 2400+ components.

This is going to be very painful, now.