This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing in languages other than English

3 replies to this topic

stevenbc

stevenbc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 22:59

Hi,

I have an application that needs to be installed on servers that use languages other than English. I have written a custom install program in c#. I have run into a problem when I check that the logged in user is part of the Administrators group. Can anyone point me in the direction of the translated string for the administrators group (I need the translation for French, Italian and Spanish )

Any help in this regard would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you

Steven

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:22

You can get the localized name from the SID. Take a look at "Using the LockPermissions Table on Localized Windows Versions" at http://www.installsi...en/msi/tips.htm which uses this method for a Windows Installer DLL. Source code is included so that should get you started.

stevenbc

stevenbc
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 17:55

Thank you for your reply Stefan.

I had a look at the code and it could be useful. My question now is who populates the MSI database and particularly the LockPermissions Table. The MSI is built on my computer which has the EN-US settings. I then send the program to the sales and support people in Europe who do the actual install.

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours truly

Steven

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:54

If you use the tool I menationed before, it will create a set of properties which get populated with the localized names of user groups at install time. You enter these properties in the LockPermissions table instead of hard coded group names.