This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Forcing the sequence dialogs. How?

6 replies to this topic

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:31

Hi

I have got a custom dialog where the customer have to type some test in a field. This text has to respect some constraints. If the constraints are not respected I'd like to send a warning message to the user and then force the same dialog again.

I am able to send the message to the user through a CA associated to a button but I don't how to force the dialog to be reshown, I mean the user is shown the next dialog in the sequence and this is not the behaviour I want.

What I want is that the user cannot move from that dialog if the constraint is not respected.

Regards

Rosario

bobinyec

bobinyec
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 14:09

How do you get to your custom dialog? From one of the standard dialogs, such as InstallWelcome, or did you insert it right into one of the sequences? Likewise, if the text that the customer enters is okay, where do you go? Another dialog? Which one?

Thanks,
John Bobinyec

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 14:10

You can set a property, say XYZ, in CA to true/false according to your constraint. And Stop the flow according to the value of property.

I hope i am able to explain clearly unsure.gif
  ankur tyagi

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 17:00

Thank you for your answers.

bobinyec.
I clone it from another a standard one, I don't remember which one, then I pasted in the sequence. If the text is okay I'd like to carry on, in this case next in the sequence is "SetupResume" which is not shown anyway, if the text is not okey I'd like to stop the sequence and force the user to type a correct value.
Thank you.

antyagi.
The question is how to "Stop the flow"? I already have set a property and I read it in my custom action where I can test the value, I can set another boolean property which is true/false according to the constraints but how this property can be used to force the sequence?
Thank you.

Rosario

bobinyec

bobinyec
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 17:38

rosario100,

Presumably you are invoking your CA using DoAction as an event on the Next button (or some other button). Now, since your CA sets a property, you could place a condition on the event (for your Next button) which exits this dialog, making sure the exit occurs only if the conditions are right. You would need to make sure that these events are listed in the right order, so that the CA runs first, and the dialog exit occurs after that.

Thanks,
John Bobinyec

Edited by bobinyec, 24 February 2006 - 17:41.

rosario100

rosario100
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:46

Thank you bobinyec

So I have done like you said. I defined a property (are there boolean property? I assigned the value to "TRUE" or "FALSE" to this property in my CA), then as last event of my Next button (EndDialog), "argument" Return, "condition" I check if the property is = "TRUE" and works.

Rosario

dantam1

dantam1
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 17:01

I am trying something similar, can you explain in laymen terms how to do this. If I add a DoAction to the Next button, I can get the customaction to run, it seems that the button resets itself and only allows the customaction to run, preventing the flow of the installer.

AARGGHH !

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan