This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to customize Uninstall Action

2 replies to this topic

thinhtx

thinhtx
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:34

Hi Everyone,

I am considering about how to customize Install/Uninstall action in WIX.
In fact i cannt do anything.

I have to program that must be installed on Windows, so the both use the same files.
When one of them firstly want to uninstall, surely common file must not be removed.
what can i do.
Please tell me as soon you can.

PS: What about windows file protection.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 19:14

Make sure identical files are in identical components (same ComponentId GUID). Then Windows Installer will automatically keep track of the products that need this file. An easy way to ensure same ComponentIds is to build merge modules for such shared files.

nan

nan
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 22:47

QUOTE (thinhtx @ 2008-06-06 05:34)
Hi Everyone,

I am considering about how to customize Install/Uninstall action in WIX.
In fact i cannt do anything.

I have to program that must be installed on Windows, so the both use the same files.
When one of them firstly want to uninstall, surely common file must not be removed.
what can i do.
Please tell me as soon you can.

PS: What about windows file protection.

I thought just to share with you about WiXAware, the first commercially available Windows Installer authoring tool targeting the WiX (Windows Installer XML) platform. Check the website www.wixaware.com. It can be of great help to you as you are working in WiX.