This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Small Update/Minor Update

3 replies to this topic

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 00:32

hey guys, any help would greatly be appreciated.

so our software works like this...

here's our folder structure

common folder
- app1
- app2

i have app1 (version 1) installed. i just created a new install for app 1 (version 2) and replace the entire setup in - app1 folder. but of course when i re-run the setup, the msi uses the cached version of the software locally. how do i get it to not ever use the cached version? i want it to always use the cached version, even for modify/repair/removes. i'd appreciate any advice. the app is a standard app in dev 7.04. i tried launching the setup with the command line switch v"reinstallmode=voums reinstall=all" but it didn't work. thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 07:45

Don't forget to change the package code.

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 16:35

so i'll just need to change the package code and run that setup with the command line switches? is there a way to do it without running the command line switches?

thanks.

BigEHead

BigEHead
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 17:20

basically i need the installer to act as it would with the older installshield professional. so if someone reinstalls the software, it will use the newer files and not the cached one. is there a way to do this? to always force it to use the source files rather than cached files without using a command line argument? because i'd like for people to simply run the modify and it know what to do. any help would be appreciated. thanks.