This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Rid of Maintenance mode in BASIC Msi

4 replies to this topic

biradar.is

biradar.is
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 14:23

[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]

Hi All i am newbee to Installshield... i am using InstallShield 7 Developer with Service pack 4..

My Query is that i want to get rid of maintenance mode when the installation is done at second time ...

I know there are knowledge based article in forum but THOSE WORKED FOR STANDARD PROJECT BUT IF I INCLUDE THE SAME CODING IN BASIC MSI MEANS IT IS AGAIN GOING TO MAINTENANCE MODE.. ....

BUT THAT WORKS FINE FOR STANDARD PROJECT.. BUT NOT IN BASIC MSI ...

I KNOW I AM DOING SOME MISTAKES OR IGNORING SOMETHING..

ANY BODY KNOWS THIS ISSUE PLEASE REPLY.. THIS IS URJENT.......

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 20:34

Do you really want a setup that cannot be uninstall, repaired, modified, or updated? (all of these are maintenance operations) Or do you just want to hide the "Modify" button from the Add/remove Programs control panel? Can you please be more specific about what you want to do exactly, and why.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 23:14

If this happens in upgrade scenarios you probably get the maintenance dialogs because you haven't set up the proper upgrade type for the MSI. Please read the SDK on the subjects of major upgrades and minor upgrades.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

biradar.is

biradar.is
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:39

cool.gif [B][COLOR=purple] Stephen Thanks for the kind reply...

Sorry i was not specific but what i want is

when the

WHEN THE INSTALLTION IS RUN FOR THE SECOND TIME IN SAME MACHINE WITH THE SAME SETUP (IT IS NOT A PATCH OR UPGRADE, THE USER JUST RUNS THE SET UP FILE WHICH HE HAS PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED ) THE SET UP WILL TAKE US TO THE MAINTENANCE MODE..

HERE INSTEAD OF MAINTENANCE MODE THE USER JUST BE PROMPTED WITH DIALOG BOX SAYING THE SET UP HAS DETECTED THAT THE SOFTWARE ALLREADY EXISTS AND IF U CLICK NEXT IT WILL STARIGHT AWAY REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE WITHOUT MAINTENANCE DIALOG BOX...

HERE THE APPLICATION CAN ONLY BE REMOVED IN ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS IN CONTROL PANEL....

I AM USING BASIC MSI ..
I KNOW HOW TO DO IT IN STANDARD BUT I WANT THIS TO BE DONE IN BASIC

MSI .. KINDLY REPLY.....URJENT....
unsure.gif

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:12

I generally would not recommend messing around with these dialogs, but if you look in the InstallUISequence (raw table view), you shold see a series of dialog entries in there. One will be the maintenance welcome dialog. You can just condition it to 0 and it will never be shown. You may want to disable other dialogs in the sequence (don't remove dialogs conditioned with Not Installed since they are not maintenance mode dialogs). Finally you can create your own dialog to show in the sequence. Make sure you condition it properly or it may show up during install and uninstall as well.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul