This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature uninstalling

5 replies to this topic

DSrinivas

DSrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 18:25

Hi All,

I have 6 Features installed, on selecting Remove option displaying all 6 Features with check boxes in custom screen. I am facing difficulty while trying to uninstall single or multiple selected Features. 

Does any one have any suggestions to achieve this functionality.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

DSrinivas

DSrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:27

Hi All,

Like to uninstall only Feature2 from the installed features. On Remove option selection and then Next click, displaying a custom dialog with check box options to uninstall required Feature only.

Now except Feature2 all are deselected. 

FeatureDialog (szTitle, szMsg, svDir, "");

FeatureGetData(MEDIA,"Feature2",FEATURE_FIELD_SELECTED, nvResult, svResult);  

MsiSetProperty(ISMSI_HANDLE,"ADDLOCAL","Feature2");

Looking for how to proceed further to uninstall the Feature2 only.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 16:30

Using the standard featurte selection dialog in maintenance mode: installed features should have a check amrk. If you remove a check mark, the (now un-checked) feature should be removed. So the check/uncheck logic is usually the opposite of what you described. This functionality is included and should require no custom script.

DSrinivas

DSrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:59

Hi Stefan Krüger,

Thank you very much for the information, on maintenance mode (with Modify, Repair and Remove options) once selected Remove option, I am displaying a custom screen (all installed features with check boxes).

Once if we select a check box to uninstall the particular feature then it should proceed to uninstall that particular feature only. If user want to uninstall more than one feature then need to select more than one check box and then clicks the Next to uninstall.

If possible will you please provide me an example how to proceed for this functionality, your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Srinivas

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 19:32

Please call FeatureSelectItem to de-select the feature.

DSrinivas

DSrinivas
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:23

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your great help, it got resolved.

Regards,

srinivas