This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch & Version Relationship

2 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:37

Hello,

I have three different versions: v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2

I want to create a single patch applied to all previous versions (v1.0 and v1.1).

In the "patch design," we have:

Latest setup = v1.2
Previous Setup "A" = v1.0
Previous Setup "B" = v1.1

Problem: if v1.0 installed, the patch does not modify files that have changed between v1.0 and v1.1.
Workaround: In Previous Setup "A" Version Relationship, I have to change "Previous Version <= Latest Version Setup" to "Previous version> = Setup Latest Version"

Why? This is illogical.

Sincerely,

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:56

The naming of these options is misleading. In general you'll want to use = to make sure the existing version is exactly the same as the one you created the patch for. Other relations allow the patch to be applied to an existing version that is different from the one it was created for.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:45

Stefan,

I tried using "=" but without success.
Only the "> =" works.
In my case, whenever we have a new product (version n+1), the current LATEST master (version n) is added to PREVIOUS masters and the LATEST master is replaced by the new product.
We want the update.exe file be able to update several different versions (0.0, 0.1, 0.2 ...)
I still do not understand well the purpose of this property.

Thank you