This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with One Click Install Web Page

2 replies to this topic

shaikh.mshariq

shaikh.mshariq
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:53

Hi All,

I have migrated one installscript project from IS 11 to the new IS 2010. This installscript project has one click install feature to install the software. I have generated dummy page using the Generate One-Click Install feature in the IS IDE. The setup works fine with the web install.

Problem here is I am not able to pass the external parameters (value is not set in the variable ) using

CODE
ether.SetProperty("install_mode","silent");

method. I do have the get-put properties in my installscript file. Other thing in the event IsSetupFinished I am not able to get the status of the installation (SETUP_FINISHED/SETUP_ERR_CANCELLED).

All this things working fine with IS 11 and I am using the same code in IS 2010. One more thing in IS 2010 it gives me extra finish dialog when setup is finished or interrupted.

I am not having any idea why this is happening for IS 2010 only. Pls any hint from any one. Thanks in Advance

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 15:42

I've never made of the One-Click Install feature, but if you contact Flexera, then they will help you work through such migration issues under the new version of IS.
user posted image

shaikh.mshariq

shaikh.mshariq
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:04

QUOTE (Taco Bell @ 2009-11-23 15:42)
I've never made of the One-Click Install feature, but if you contact Flexera, then they will help you work through such migration issues under the new version of IS.

Thankx for the reply,

As a work around i have put the values of the variables passed through javascript into the rul files at the time of initialization of setup.

But the other problem is still there. I found that when setup.exe is finished at that time it gives response and it takes too much time. I can manage for the Cancelled event but for successful installation it doenst give the response. Here this time ether.isPlaying() returns true so that we can not identify that setup has finished or not.

At the time of setup finish it starts the installed app. I found that when I exit this app manually than it gives the response back to the browser. So what might be the problem ?

how can i get the status that my application has installed and give the user a proper message about it on browser ?