This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

one installation, and include two products!

4 replies to this topic

huangashen

huangashen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:56

how do i could install the two product on the same machine?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Best Regards.

Huangashen

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 11:45

Make them two components of the one project

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 18:54

yup, that's one way to do it.  However, there are other methods.  Which one you chose would probably be determined by the reason you wanted to do it.

Apparently, Pro 7 has this capability built in.  I haven't used it yet (just got my upgrade 2 days ago!  Now I just have to wait for a lull in the product cycle to implement it :) ), but the online demostrations seemed pretty nifty.

A quick and dirty way to do multiple installs on your test systems (not pratical for widespread deployment) is to edit the GUID in HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall

gl
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 19:02

Sorry, I should have read the Title of your post before replying.  I thought you wanted to reinstall a single product more than once on the same machine.  After reading your title, I see you probably want to install two different products at the same time using one install.

I do something like that in my install.  The way I do it is to build the smaller install into a self-extracting install.  After that is complete, I include it just like any other file in my bigger install (it's own file group, component, etc).  Then build the bigger install into my chosen media.

During the script for the bigger install ( after the files have been transferred)  I simply call the second install.

NOTE: be sure to pass the NOWAIT parameter.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

huangashen

huangashen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:53

To Xitch13: The first , Thank you for your replying.
I'm very sorry, the title's mean is that i must use one installer and the installer including two version for installing. For instance, this installer is include English Version and Chinese Version, and in ISPRO6.22 there could install only one version on the same machine, because there use only one GUID, but i prefer to install the two version on the same machine. Thank you all the same.