This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch wrapped file

1 reply to this topic

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 21:20

Hello,

I'm using InstallShield 11 and a Basic Msi Project in which I used the activation module on a .exe file.
I'm trying to create a Quick Patch for my product. The Quick patch will contain a new version of the file I used for protection in the Activation Process. The quick patch will replace my activation wrapped file with the newer file but no wrapping is done on the newer file while building the quick patch. Is there any way to protect the new version of the file with the activation module while building the quick patch (I don't seem to find anything that will allow me to include the activation module in the quick patch)?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian.

sebica79

sebica79
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:32

Hi there,

It seems that there is anybody which knows something related?

I have found an "workaround", but is not a very confotable solution. Further, to patch a wrapped file with Quick patch project, i have built the last version of the .exe file and then I have built the original release, again, for getting wrapped. Then, i have copied the file in in the folder with the other files which must be patched.

As I said, this is only an workaround.

If there is anybody which have a better idea or somthing to say, please feel free to post.

Thanks,
Sebastian.