This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation of .net framework 4.5.2 and message "Waiting for Anot

3 replies to this topic

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 15:23

I am trying to install the .Net framework 4.5.2 from Patch Installation Package. I am successfully able to launch the setup.exe from custom action.

But setup starts, it halts with message Waiting for Another install to complete.

After careful examination of processes I found that when I launch the .msp package I am using to install the patch there msiexec.exe processes are started.

The .net framework detects those processes and stops the installation. If I manually kill those processes the .net framework installation starts and completes successfully.

My question is :

- Is there any mechanism by which I can instruct  installation of .net framework to ignore the running msiexec processes.

- I never faced this problem when .net framework 4 is installed with my base DVD package through setup pre requisites. I am using same setup.exe switches. Does anybody know what is difference when setup.exe is launched from pre requisites and custom action.

- Any possible fix for above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 16:39

A prerequisite runs before your own msi and therefore avoids the conflict. You shouldn't install the .NET Framework using a custom action.

Amarjeet

Amarjeet
  • Full Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:41

Hi Stefan,

I have tried installing .net framework 4.5.2 as pre requisite as well. I got same error.

I don't understand - when I install .net framework as pre requisite I do not get any error. But when I include 4.5 to 4.5.2 as pre requisites and I got error.

I have started another thread whether anybody has ever tried to install .net framework 4.5 to 4.5.2 from Install shield through pre requisites or custom action. No replies yet.

There is definitely some issue Microsoft has packaged .net framework 4.5. to 4.5.2. Its different from 4.

Regards,

Amarjeet

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:59

I don't know what's causing the problem, but maybe this article could help you diagnose the problem:

http://blogs.msdn.co...4/10586413.aspx