This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

appending multi_sz

1 reply to this topic

dgengenbach

dgengenbach
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 20:04

Situation: Our app runs on Apache Tomcat, which now (ver 5.x) stores some Java Options in a mult_sz registry entry. Several of these settings are dynamic (depending upon user input, configuration and etc.) so I need to write them via setup.rul (vs. static entries which could be set in the registry design view).

I can't figure out how to append to the list via the install script (nor pass the null to define a new line).

Seems that I read somwhere that one might have to create a list of current values first? Then write them all back, including the new one (obvioulsly, I would much rather append if possible).

From the registry view, one can append values to a multi_sz so I assume that it can also be done from the script. Just don't know how to do it.

Any help would be outstanding.

drg

dgengenbach

dgengenbach
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 20:03

Problem solved. Tweaked sample script from this site. Hope this is usefull to others...

RegAddMulti.zip Written by Elihu Rozen, enhanced by Joe Goeke