This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DLL files not installing

3 replies to this topic

Barlow

Barlow
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 16:39

I have an installer made that has a buch of DLLs included. These DLL's get copied to the system32 folder <WINSYSDIR> when the application installs. When I install my application on one computer it works fine, when I install it on another computer the DLL files will not copy into the system32 folder. I have administrator rights on both machines. Has anyone encountered this before? Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this? I assume its a problem with the computer and not my Installer. Any suggestions would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

omriz

omriz
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 14:03

for debugging, try to add abreak point before and after the file transfer, now try to register the dlls manually with the regsvr32, most probably you will fail and the message from the regsvr32 can help you determine the problem.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 15:53

sorry, what IS version do you use?
in http://forum.install...showtopic=12286 you asked the same question ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas

Barlow

Barlow
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:47

Yeah, I realized too late that I posted this in the wrong forum. We are using version 5.5.