This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Skin Customization

3 replies to this topic

shetty

shetty
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 18:31

Hi guys,

I wrote a setup.ini to handle the skin customization. It uses Console2.gif which displays "InstallShield" at the bottom left corner of the skin dialog box. Replaced Console2.gif with mygif.gif which is of same size etc etc. After creating setup.skin in my installer script, it replaces the image with mygif.gif but also it displays a small string "InstallShield" on top of the Image.

Anybody came across this problem? Please let me know the solution.

with rgds,
Manjunath
shetty@uic.com

vuttex

vuttex
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 09:06

Yes, I had the same problem. I found that this "installshield" is hardcoded and there was no way to get rid of it. Installshields normal answer to this problem is that the "installshield" text is a quality stamp for the user and that it should not be removed.

shetty

shetty
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 16:22

Hi Buddy,

But in the lower part of Standard Dialogs we can change the InstallShield (text) which is in Disabled mode. Why is the discripency where it can be changed in Standard Dialogs but not in the Skins.

So What was the solution you found for the Skins?

vuttex

vuttex
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 09:37

I havn't found a sollution. I don't know why they have hardcoded it but I can't find it in the dll as in the Standard Dialogs. My guess is that it is implemented in the executable (engine).

The only sollution is to complain to InstallShield as I have done.