This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Long delay...

4 replies to this topic

BourqueJ

BourqueJ
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 21:25

Hi,

I'm experiencing very long delay when uninstalling my package. I can see in the log the following lines:

MSI (s) (10:EC) [15:52:24:407]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: _RemoveFilePath
MSI (s) (10:EC) [15:56:25:767]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.NET Live Explorer 3: 2

It seem to take 4 minutes to execute the first line.

I've seen somewhere that the error code 2205 means that the table is not present. Why does it take 4 minutes to check for that?

I'm running the package on Vista with admin priviledge.

Thanks in advance,

Jacques.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 15:43

During whcih action do you get these lines?
I think the messages are written at the end of the action, so it would be the action that produces the 1402 result which takes so long. 1402 = Could not open key: [2]. System error [3]. I guess it's reading registry entires (maybe not loging those that succeed).

BourqueJ

BourqueJ
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 16:46

Hi Stefan,

the action in question is InstallValidate.

I must mention that this project is build with InstallShield and was upgraded from several previous version.

I've noticed that there is a lot of broken entries in the tables (files and folders at least) that the IDE doesn't seem to be able to clean up.

I don't know if this can be the cause of the problem.

Thanks again,

Jacques.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:40

I could. Please fix any broken table entries, and perform validation on the built msi file.

gamezer

gamezer
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:36

thanks
that's useful for me.
If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith.
dofus kamas