This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.dll is not overwriting

1 reply to this topic

hashim786

hashim786
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:58

I have prepared msi file with 4 text files, 4 xmls files and 4 .dll files stored in c:\setup1 directory on the build machine and installed on d:\Target directory on target machine.

Again i haveprepared msi file with 4 text files, 4 xmls files and 4 .dll files stored in c:\setup2 directory on the build machine. In this i have modified 1 text file,1 xml file and 1 .dll file and the date stamp changed due to modification. I have changed some methods in class file and the size of the .dll remains same due to very less updations and only the date stamp has been modified.

I installed on the same target machine at d:\Target directory. Interestingly all the modify files(text and xml files) have copied properly. But .dll file did'nt copied with the second msi file. What could be the reason? If i running the second msi file it won't copy .dll files?

Regards
Hashim

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 14:52

If your dll has a version number, it won't be overwritten unless the version number of the new one is higher.

HTH
Kathy
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com