This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation Error - Permissions?

2 replies to this topic

lj_180

lj_180
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 10:31

I have created an msi package for the SAP frontend GUI.  When I try and run the msi package, I receive the following error message:

could not write value folders to key Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress. Verify you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel

I have actually removed this registry entry from the package and am still receiving the error.  Windows Installer is set to install msi packages with elevated priviledges, so why should I receive this error?    

There is an instance of this on the Bugs Bulletin on this website, but it suggests that it is a limitation of W95.  I am using W2000.

Thanks,
LJ

jm53671

jm53671
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 19:21

I had the same problem. Error message and all

I'm not sure what you meant by "I have actually removed this registry entry from the package"-is it actually out of the MSI or did you remove it from your compiler? I'm using Install Shield Express 4.0 and somehow it left some orphaned registry entries in the actual MSI. Everytime I rebuilt the MSI they were there. I used ORCA to delete the offenders and it worked fine.

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 18:56

Find if the key + value relly needs to be kept, since its an installer key. If you really require it then add permission to the key using LockPermission table. (see MSI SDK for help).

Then test by running the msi as an elevated user.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)