This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

shared files detected at uninstall

1 reply to this topic

Chad

Chad
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 20:52

When setup enters maintenance mode and uninstalls shared files, is there a way to prevent the "Shared File Detected" question from displaying?  This normally occurs when no other installed application would be using the file(s).  The normal user isn't going to know how to answer a such a question.  If I specify the file group is shared and to not uninstall it, the question still appears.  I can get rid of it if all file groups are not shared, but that isn't a practical solution for the long run.  Am I missing something obvious? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 22:00

Did a little checking and there's an easy way to get around the default behavior.

Simply use the drop down function lists to choose "Miscellaneous" and "Removing Shared File".

This will auto. add the default function to the end of your script.  Simply scroll down to it and change the single line of code to either "return ERR_YES " or "return ERR_NO".  I would suggest the latter since you don't want to hose up someone's system.

(Edited by TacoBell00 at 4:00 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)