This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

This installation may require additional dependencies...

4 replies to this topic

ankil

ankil
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:52

Hi Everyone. 

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a problem. 

I have a setup.exe, and when I choose a Minor upgrade of the program I get following message: This installastion may require additional dependencies. Its possible that my app don't work the way it should without dependencies. Would you like to find the original setup.exe? 

Can anyone help me with this? 

What is causing this problem? 

Is there any way I can remove this message? Thsi message will only be confusing for the users.

I'm using Installshield 2016 Professional. 

I have googled this problem but there is not a lot to find about this problem. Some say it's a bug, others have used some methods to fix this problem, but those methods don't work for me. 

I hope someone out there has a great fix for this. 

Thank you in advance!!! 

Mvh

Annicken

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 20:32

Not sure what this is. But is your setup.exe configured to cache the instalaltion files on the target machine? 

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 22:34

I'm not familiar with this, but maybe try changing the .NET Scan at Build setting for each of your components to Properties Only.

ankil

ankil
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 13:23

Not sure what this is. But is your setup.exe configured to cache the instalaltion files on the target machine? 

Do you mean Cache MSI locally (Yes/No)?? This is the choice I have under Release - Setup.exe

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 17:15

Yes, your msi needs to be cached locally