This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Errors while building a Basic MSI project having installscript custom

8 replies to this topic

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:40

Hi,

I am building a Basic MSI project having installscript custom actions and the build always fails with the below errors. Can anyone please suggest how to resolve these build issues.

ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\New Folder\Script Files\Setup.inx
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISRT.dll
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i64\ISBEW64.exe
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\Redist\Language Independent\i386\_isres_0x0409.dll
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\New Folder\PROJECT_ASSISTANT\Interm\IsConfig.ini
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\New Folder\String1033.txt
ISDEV : fatal error -7133: An error occurred adding ISSetup.dll to the Binary table
PROJECT_ASSISTANT\SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE - 8 error(s), 1 warning(s)

Regards,
Balaji

Grumpiest_Cat

Grumpiest_Cat
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 18:34

I'm not sure of the exact problem. I've seen and read about a few other similar instances. The commonality between the problems seems to be file locks on the files trying to be read. The particular instance I have personally seen was when my virus scan software had locked a file for scanning while I was building. If I recall rebooting resolved my issue but I've read other posts where recreating the project directory in a new location resolved the issue. I think the important thing to consider when looking at resolving this issue is trying to determine what is preventing read access to these files.

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45

Hi , 

I had a project which was giving this error and rebooted my PC and then moved my project to a new location and it worked fine. But i am getting the same error again for a different project and this solution of rebooting or moving the project to a different location is not working. Any other suggestions on how to get rid of this?.

Regards.
Balaji

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:32

Hi, 

Can anyone please help me on this, still not able to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Balaji

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:38

Does D:\New Folder\Script Files\Setup.inx exist? Did you check its permissions?

Try running Process Monitor from sysinternals.microsoft.com . It should tell you if there's an access conflict and what the exact error is.

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:48

Hi Stefan, 

Yes setup.inx is generated at runtime and its present at the mentioned location , it doesn't have any access restrictions and the process is also not locked. I monitored using process monitor and it seems to be fine. Not sure what is causing the issue. Any other way to debug this?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 17:34

Not really. Are you using the latest version of InstallShield? If not you could try a IS 2013 Evaluation copy.

balaji4u

balaji4u
  • Full Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:33

The build was failing in my licensed version of 2010 , i downloaded the trail copy of 2013 and tried building the project using 2013 and it builds without any errors. If i install the patches for 2010 will it help? , now i am sure its not the problem with my project.. Kindly advice.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:44

Hmm, I don't know. Try installing all Service packs and Hotfixes for 2010 to see if that helps.