This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Obtaining the CommmdLine property

3 replies to this topic

SourceList

SourceList
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:14

From just about any log file, you can see:
******* Action:
******* CommandLine: **********

and later on you'll also notice that some of the Command Line is logged... (een if this isn't what you've put on your command line)

MSI (s) (DC:D0): Command Line: CURRENTDIRECTORY=P:\ CLIENTUILEVEL=3 CLIENTPROCESSID=666

Is there anyway I can use this information in the form of a property? CommandLine isn't recognised in the SDK, yet it "seems" to appear in the log. I'm after a way to track what properties were used at the time of install.

TIA,
James
James
~~~~~
dotMSI.com

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:24

This has always puzzled me as well. Its hard to tell if Windows Installer is actually storing this commandline somewhere in a temporary table, or not storing it at all and just grabbing it from the commandline.

Maybe someone else knows?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:13

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious: Any properties you pass in on the command line when your launch the installation are available as properties.
I don't know of any way to retrieve the full command line.
The second sample is what the client process (UI secquence) passes to the server process (execute sequence).

SourceList

SourceList
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 14:17

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2004-08-18 09:13)
I don't know of any way to retrieve the full command line.
The second sample is what the client process (UI secquence) passes to the server process (execute sequence).

Thanks - shame there isn't a way to get the command line, I may have to see if we can get this done by the deployment tool.

Cheers!
biggrin.gif
James
~~~~~
dotMSI.com